Welcome to Reception
You’ve made the first step in an exciting journey through our school!
Whilst we do not give out formal homework in Reception, we will give out sheets containing follow up work from our guided reading sessions.
We may also set your child mini targets e.g. put their own coat on. We also have termly parents’ evenings where we discuss your child’s progress and targets.
We encourage children to read at home 5 times a week and for you to record this in your reading diaries.
P.E is on Wednesday and Friday. PE kits should be in school on that day.
Water bottles are allowed in classrooms-these must only have water in them.
Children get a drink of milk/water and a piece of fruit during our morning snack time.
Please label all of your child’s belongings to ensure nothing gets lost.
Our Reception values are to:
• Value respect and honesty.
• Work together as one big team.
• Always try our best and work hard.
• Challenge ourselves every day.
• Be thoughtful and kind.
• Be organised and responsible for our own belongings.
• Promote a positive attitude and expect a positive attitude to learning
• Learn to become independent and responsible for our actions.
© Copyright All Rights Reserved. Telford & Wrekin Council ICT Development Team